Painting

 


Among many of my passions, is art. As a kid, I used to draw with pencil and paper all the time. I am sure I would still find joy in it, it if picked up a sketch book and did it again. As of recently, painting has become my preferred medium. There is something so satisfying about sliding a paint brush across a canvas. I have also experienced extreme frustration from painting. It a gratifying kind of frustration though. I love doing it, and I am a perfectionist, and sometimes, being a perfectionist and painting don't necessarily mesh. 

It has become so difficult to prioritize the things that are proven to make me money, over the things that I would love to spend my time doing. What a wonderful world I would live in, if I could spend all of my time delving into my passions. Instead, I have to get up and go to work, leaving my canvas waiting for me to return to it. Finding time and energy to paint has become increasingly difficult. I get home, do some pilates, cook some dinner, and by that time it's "bedtime". All I want to do is just curl up and watch some tv and go to sleep to repeat the day over again. That's not really what I want to do, but I know myself, and unfortunately for my body and my mind, sleep is of the utmost importance to me.

Lately, I have decided to just make time to do this(not without difficulty). I plan to keep trying to improve. Research techniques and mediums and resolve frustrations that I have had when painting. If only we could all make a living out of our passions. Maybe one day, but for now, I will keep doing this because it's where my mind can rest a little bit. 

Comments

Popular Posts